Monday, May 24, 2010

Growing up too fast!

My little guy is just growing up way too fast, sometimes I feel like I can't keep up with him!

Today it has been one whole month since Riley moved out of his cot and into his big boy bed. I was very anxious about the whole thing but the transition was surprisingly easy. We had tried a couple of months earlier but with no success so I guess this time he was just 'ready'. The first night it took about 2 hours to get him to sleep on his bed because he kept coming out of his room. So the next day up went the gate and its been pretty much smooth sailing ever since. Hes slept on the floor twice and hes fallen out of bed a few times too even with the cot there to prevent it, but after quick cuddles in bed with me he goes back to his bed without a problem.

Fast asleep on the floor by the door ....


His naps have become a bit of trial and error but I think that has more to do with him getting older and not needing them so much anymore.

When we put him to bed he talks about making mummy and daddy so proud and he does every time. In fact it seems almost too good to be true! He stays on his bed right from when he gets put there until someone goes and gets him up.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Awww - cute pics :) They're so beautiful when they're sleeping, aren't they?

PS - we have the same sleeping bag...the bottom one with the elephant. Although Charlotte has just outgrown hers.

Selena said...

He was gorgeous telling me about his big bed today, so pleased it went well, timing is everything isn't it

Bronwyn said...

Aww, what gorgeous photos! Does Riley sleep under the covers yet, or just on top of his bed, in his sleeping bag? I can't get Michael under covers at all yet, so I'm hoping it's something he grows used to eventually! I hear ya on the sleeping on the floor - Michael often does that in his day naps, but is always on his bed overnight.

Fay said...

He just sleeps on top of a sheet. I want to try blankets this summer so if it takes a while for him to get used to them hes not going to freeze plus he'll be growing out of his sleeping bags then too. Also want to get him a nice duvet set for xmas and try and get him excited about it.