Monday, May 31, 2010

Home Again!

Well my trip to Auckland was a great success, it was awesome catching up with friends, making new ones and most importantly having fun. Phil and Riley managed alright by themselves and now we're all back to normal.

I didn't get home until 10pm last night due to my flight being delayed but it didn't really matter as Riley was asleep and I didn't see him until this morning anyway, but of course I snuck into his room before I went to bed to check on him.

I don't think Riley was expecting to see me this morning as he has no concept of days/time. He was rather quiet at first but before long he was telling me all about what he'd been getting up to with Dad and showing me his new racing car. I also learnt some very interesting things .....

Riley: 'Guy brought a new computer.'
Me: 'Thats good.'
Riley: 'Dad play on it.'
Me: 'Did he play with you to?'
Riley: 'No, just play on the computer.'

Phil assures me that he did play with Riley this weekend, LOL.

I think Riley is a little confused as to why and where I went. I put him down for his nap this afternoon and as I was leaving the room he asked, 'Mummy going on a plane?' So of course I reassured him that I was staying here and would be coming back to get him after his nap.

Hes been snuggly today so I think he did miss me but now that I've left him once and seen that he is in fact ok without me, it'll be easier for me to leave him again if I need to.

No comments: