Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time Out for Me!

On Saturday I'm flying to Auckland for the weekend and wait for it ..... without Riley! Hes staying at home with Daddy and it'll be the first time that Phil has been in charge of him for more than a couple of hours. It should be interesting to see how they get on and knowing Riley he'll probably be a complete angel while I'm gone! I'll still be leaving notes all over the house to remind Phil of all the things that need doing plus everything to do with Riley that he might need to do know about, but thats more for my peace of mind than anything else.

We have already spoken to Riley about it and he is slowly coming around to the idea of me going away. At first all he would say was 'Riley come too' or when we'd ask him if he'd be alright staying with Dad while I go away he'd reply with 'No no no no' or 'Not really'. Now he asks 'Mummy come back?' which my answer is of course I'm coming back!

I'm really anxious about leaving him for so long as it'll be the longest that I've left him since he was born! In fact he only had his first overnight stay a couple of months ago when he stayed with his Grandparents while Phil and I were at a wedding. I'm happy to be having a break but I don't like the idea of being so far away that I won't be able to get back quickly/easily if I need to.

I am determined to have some fun though. This weekend is all about ME and I intend to make the most of it! So watch out Auckland, here I come!

No comments: