Friday, June 18, 2010

Climbing

Riley has never been a climber and even now at 2 1/2 he struggles with climbing things that I see 1 1/2 year olds racing up!

The other day at Playcentre they had an inside fort (about 1.4m high) and to get to the top you had to climb up the ladder. Riley watched with interest all the other kids climbing up and going down the slide. While I wasn't watching him he decided to have a go. I hear 'Mum, mum, mum' and hes absolutely terrified. I went over and hes standing on the first rung about 10cm off the ground hanging on for dear life and totally freaking out. So I showed him how to climb up and after that he kept wanting to do it. By the end of session he was quite happily climbing up the ladder all by himself, I was a very proud mummy! The first time he managed it he stood at the top shouting 'Yay, I did it! Well done!' Was very cute to see him so proud of himself.

1 comment:

Selena said...

Ohhh yay! Well done Riley, wish mine weren't climbers but Playcentre is good for giving them the confidence to do things like that