Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Gruffalo

We were out shopping for a birthday present and Whitcoulls were having a 50% off fiction sale. It was a bit spur of the moment but I'd heard good things about The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler and for $10 I thought why not? It was also the only copy left on the shelf. Riley had read it once before at Playcentre but it didn't really hold his attention, now however he absolutely loves it. We have to read it over and over again! I thought it might have been a bit wordy for him as before we had been reading Maisy (another of his favourites) which is very simple.

I've also just discovered that there is an official website which has lots of Gruffalo merchandise, games and activities. There is even a DVD which I might just have to get Riley for his birthday.

1 comment:

Leesh said...

Gruffalo is a firm favourite in our house!!