Friday, June 11, 2010

Recipe: Pikelets


I started today really wanting to do some baking but I couldn't figure out what to make and Riley wasn't giving me any useful suggestions. I don't know what made me decide to make pikelets as I've never made them before in my life as I'm not very good at making things that need to be flipped over, or so I thought. I don't know what made me think that I couldn't make them as today I proved that actually I can and it wasn't as hard or as scary as I'd thought. It took a while for me to get the pan to the perfect temperature but once I did I was making them like a pro. Riley was eating them as fast as I was turning them out so they obviously passed his test too.

I think after my pikelets being such a success I'll be more likely to try new things BEFORE deciding that I can't do it.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

METHOD
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.

In a separate bowl beat the egg and sugar until thick. Add to the dry ingredients along with the milk. Stir to combine.

Drop spoonfuls of the mixture in a hot lightly greased fry pan.
When bubbles start to pop on the surface, flip and cook the other side until golden.


Find more recipes here.

2 comments:

Leesh said...

they look perfect and oh so yummy!!!

Cadi said...

Oh, yum. :-)