Friday, July 9, 2010

Low in Iron?

I've recently started Riley on Floradix Iron Formula. We don't eat a lot of red meat and I worry about him getting enough iron. I know there are other sources of iron but being a toddler he can be a little bit fussy. There is no real way to tell if Riley is iron deficient except for having a blood test and I don't want to put him through that. He is very olive skinned but at the moment he always looks pale and unwell (at least to me he does) but then maybe its just the winter weather that is affecting him so bad this year. I'm not sure if I've seen any difference in him since starting the supplement but its not going to harm him and hopefully it is helping plus he likes it.

For more information about Red Seal and their wide range of health products visit their website.

1 comment:

Tracy007 said...

I would be interested to see how it goes, as my daughter hardly eats any red meat (doesn't like it at all) so I always worry she isn't getting enough Iron. I have gone back to using formula as I know that has some Iron in it.