These were so yummy and quick, I ended up having to make more for Riley as he couldn't get enough of them. You could adapt them for grown ups and make a filling out of whatever you have handy (although theres nothing wrong with good old baked beans and cheese).
- multi-grain bread, sandwich slice
- baked beans
- mixed herbs
- grated cheese
- tooth picks
- Cut the crusts off the bread and roll each piece out flat with a rolling pin.
- Mash some of the baked beans to make a paste.
- Add mixed herbs to taste.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with margarine. Turn over and spread the other side with a little of the baked beans.
- Put a little grated cheese on top and roll up diagonally securing with toothpicks.
- Grill until crispy and golden.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.
Find more recipes here.