Along with budgeting and menu planning I've given myself a goal of trying one new recipe a week. I'm trying to mix things up a little and get excited about food/cooking again. When I can I'll try and include photos but sometimes that just doesn't happen especially when I have hungry mouths to feed (namely Riley).
This weeks recipe isn't the healthiest but it was super quick to make and made a delicious sweet treat. I used golden syrup in the bottom of my dish and it was sooo good. I think it was slightly over cooked so next time I'll try cooking it for 3 minutes (instead of 3 1/2) and see if that makes a difference.
50g caster sugar
50g self raising flour
1 medium egg, beaten
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp golden syrup or jam
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the milk.
- Sift the flour and fold in gently.
- Put 2 tbsp of golden syrup or jam in the bottom of a microwave safe bowl. Pour the batter on top.
- Cover and cook for 3 1/2 minutes on full power, or until pudding is set. Tip onto a plate.
- Serve hot with custard.
Find more recipes here.