Monday, July 19, 2010

What a Night!

Its been a while since Riley has woken up during the night and I think he was making up for it last night. He used to wake screaming about once a week for no reason (we think he was having nightmares but we couldn't get any sense out of him). Last night he woke at 2:30am absolutely hysterical. Phil did manage to get him back to bed after a while and much sobbing but an hour later and he was screaming again.

You think I'd know better by now but I decided it would be easiest for Riley to come into bed with me, as thats what he wanted anyway, so we could all get some sleep. Phil went and slept in Riley's bed as he had to get up for work at 5:30am!

Well Riley took a couple of hours to go back to sleep. He was nice and quiet though but I just don't sleep well with him in my bed and no matter where I put him he always ends up sleeping on my pillow or on me with me right on the edge of the bed too scared to move in case I wake him up. The other thing is he snores really badly and I only ever end up dozing and every time he moves/rolls over I wake up. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, heres hoping Riley will have a nap this arvo so I can have one too. I'm hoping Riley doesn't wake again tonight as one night of little sleep is more than enough, I did secretly enjoy snuggling with him though.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

sounds just like our household! Actually over Winter Elijah sleeps with me and DH in Elijah's bed. DH is the snorer in this house so it works out well for me.

Re the screaming at night - we went through a stage with Elijah and it was so hard because I didn't know what was wrong. I put it down to nightmares but he seemed to have no knowledge of anything in the morning. Every once and a while now he will wake sobbing and saying his legs are sore so I hope that's just growing pains.

Hope you get a nap today

Fay said...

Well he didn't sleep and I've had an awful headache all day I'm so tired.