Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day Sleeps, a Thing of the Past

As many of you know we have been struggling with getting Riley to have a nap for a couple of months now. Since moving he hasn't had one at all and I don't think we will be going back. We now have rest time instead where I put on a DVD for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Bad I know but its the only thing that will keep him still long enough to rest or at least play calmly and quietly while he watches. It also means that I can have a bit of time to myself and some peace and quiet so I'm not a complete wreck by the time Phil gets home from work.

It makes for a very long day and now I can't wait until he starts Kindy but hes happy and is handling it well with minimal tantrums. It also means that he falls asleep really quickly at night time and lately hes been sleeping between 13-14 hours which I certainly can't complain about, I am so not a morning person.

No comments: