I took my sewing machine for its first test run today. I found this tutorial here that I thought was a great idea, quick, easy and I didn't need to buy anything to do it. Well my attempt didn't really go as planned and I missed out one of the steps so its rather square but Riley loves it and I can see the potential that the basic design has, with a little tweaking I could do so much with it.
It wouldn't be too hard to go from that:
To something like this:
Riley's new hat looks like it has little ears on top which reminds me of a batman costume and so thats what we spent the afternoon doing .... playing Batman (not that he even knows who Batman is).
Hes wearing the remains of the singlet that I made his hat out of ....