Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Hat

I took my sewing machine for its first test run today. I found this tutorial here that I thought was a great idea, quick, easy and I didn't need to buy anything to do it. Well my attempt didn't really go as planned and I missed out one of the steps so its rather square but Riley loves it and I can see the potential that the basic design has, with a little tweaking I could do so much with it.

It wouldn't be too hard to go from that:


To something like this:

Riley's new hat looks like it has little ears on top which reminds me of a batman costume and so thats what we spent the afternoon doing .... playing Batman (not that he even knows who Batman is).


Hes wearing the remains of the singlet that I made his hat out of ....

3 comments:

argentina said...

˙ǝɹnʇnɟ ǝɥʇ uı ssǝɔɔns ǝɹoɯ uıɐƃ noʎ ɥsıʍ ı

¡dn ʇı dǝǝʞ ˙pooƃ sʞooן ƃoןq ɹnoʎ
¿noʎ ǝɹɐ ʍoɥ ¡oןןǝɥ

Sharlene said...

thats awesome:)

Tracy007 said...

Great Idea I might have to steal that one as well. making my daughter and myself bags out of old tops that no longer fit and skirts from dresses etc. But we are short a hat for her this winter so I might have to find one of her tops to make her a cat hat. Keep it up so I can keep stealing the ideas lol