Monday, August 30, 2010

Recipe: Pumpkin Scones

- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour

- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the mashed pumpkin, milk and egg.
- Sift in flour and stir together to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board (use self raising flour), knead lightly. Press or roll out to 2cm thick. Cut into rounds using a floured plain cutter.
- Place onto greased oven trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.


I only discovered this scone recipe recently and I've already made them a couple of times. They are so yum and I love that it doesn't require rubbing in the butter, which makes them super easy and quick to make.

3 comments:

S said...

these look great, I am going to try them, thanks for posting the recipe

Kristy Armstrong said...

These look so good. I am going to try them also. Yum!!

Tracy007 said...

Thanks for this I now have about 10 pumpkins in the cupbaord from an over energetic pumpkin plant so every recipe helps