Thursday, September 2, 2010

Clever Boy!

Lately we have been battling with getting Riley to do things for himself. Half the time he won't even try and when he does try he gets so frustrated when he can't do it that he just gives up. Hes approaching 3 and I feel like he should be doing more for himself than he currently does.

Today I was loading up the dish washer and Riley wanted to go outside. He kept asking me to put on his gumboots and I said that I'd do it once I'd finished in the kitchen. Well he obviously thought I was taking too long and decided to do it himself. It looked very awkward but eventually he managed to get both his gumboots on all by himself.

I'm so proud of my big boy! Now that I've seen him do it I won't be helping him with his gumboots anymore.

Telling his Dad all about his great achievement.

No comments: