This recipe is so yummy and the lemon icing gives it a really nice touch. Next time I think I'll add less coconut though as I'm not a big fan of the stuff.
You could use whatever dried fruit or nuts that you have in the pantry making it really versatile.
1tbsp golden syrup
4 1/2 tbsp margarine
1/3 cup caster sugar
5 Weetbix, crumbled
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 1/2 cups coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup boiling water
1/2 cup icing sugar
- Melt the golden syrup, margarine and sugar in a saucepan.
-Add the weetbix and flour. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, except water. Stir till combined, then add the hot water and mix well. (If needed add extra hot water).
- Using wet hands press into a greased sponge roll tin. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put icing sugar into a bowl. Add enough lemon juice to make a runny icing.
- Drizzle icing over the cooled slice then cut into bars.
Find more recipes here.