Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mixing It Up With Pikelets

I am always looking for ways of sneaking more fruit into Riley's diet. Hes generally pretty good with his eating but sometimes its easier to get fruit into him if he can't see it.

Pikelets are a great base recipe to play around with and its so easy to add whatever you like to it.

We used to make banana pikelets a lot when Riley was younger and recently its been apple pikelets. I basically just added 2 large grated apples to a standard pikelets recipe and a bit of extra milk to get the right consistency.

They were a big hit with Riley and I enjoyed them too. The grated apple added some extra sweetness and a bit of crunch. Next time I make them I'll think I'll add a bit of cinnamon as well.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Ohhh...yum. That is a really good idea, Fay. I never would have thought to put apple in pikelets!!