- canned pineapple pieces in unsweetened juice (enough to cover the base of your dish)
- 50g margarine or unsalted butter
- 50g flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g honey
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 300mls milk
- Drain the canned pineapple reserving the juice. Place the pieces in the bottom of a shallow pie dish.
- In a saucepan melt the margarine or butter. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Beat together the egg yolks, honey, vanilla and milk. Stir gradually into the flour and butter
- Add enough pineapple juice from the tin to make a thick pouring custard. Stir until smooth.
- Pour on top of the pineapple pieces in the dish. Refrigerate for about 2 hours (until set).
This is a recipe for a dessert that my mum used to make. It is so yum and perfect for summer. I've even made just the custard as a treat for Riley when he was little.