Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas At Our House

For the last couple of years I've been making gingerbread at Christmas. It has become a bit of a tradition and this year is no exception.

Thanks to Claire for this recipe, its super easy.


INGREDIENTS
100g butter
1 cup golden syrup
1/4tsp salt
1/2tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp baking soda dissolved in 1tbsp boiling water
3 1/2 cups plain flour

METHOD
Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.

Boil together the butter and golden syrup until melted. Allow to cool a little
Add the salt, ginger, cinnamon and dissolved baking soda, mix well and add the sifted flour.
Combine into biscuit dough, roll out and cut into shapes.
Bake on a lined or lightly greased cold tray for approximately 10 minutes. 

It can take a while as it makes quite a few biscuits plus Riley loves to help. If the dough starts to get too stiff and hard to roll out just warm it in the microwave slightly so its easier to work with.

At Christmas I love making them extra special with some white icing and sprinkles, yum!


And I finally get to use my Christmas tin that I treated myself to a couple of weeks ago.


I have a few more things on my baking list this year, I just LOVE baking at Christmas!

Find more recipes here.

2 comments:

Katie said...

These look yummy, might have to give them a go. Thanks for sharing :-)

Claire Bear said...

Awww yay! I'm glad you're getting great biscuits from the recipe! They look fantastic iced!