Friday, December 17, 2010

Start of the Holidays

Today was the last day of Kindy for 2010.

I can't believe that Riley has been going to Kindy for 6 weeks now. I am so proud of him. He has adjusted to his new routine so well and his teachers have had nothing but good to say about him. In fact hes doing so well that I've upped his days so when he goes back in Term 1, he'll be going 4 days a week. I don't think he'll be too happy about it to begin with as he doesn't 'like' going to Kindy but when we get there he practically chases me out the door so it can't be that bad right?

He was gorgeous today when I picked him up, lots of big cuddles and smiles for his teachers. All the kids were excited, yelling Merry Christmas at everyone who was leaving.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with him over the holidays though, maybe lots of trips to the park? Oh and baking, he LOVES baking.

Phil has some time off over Christmas too so I'm thinking the Zoo, the beach on New Years Day and maybe a trip to the movies. Lots of fun things for us to do together as quality family time can be hard to come by these days.

And just because I love it so much, heres the Christmas present that all the kids made for their parents. They handed them out at the Christmas Party the other day. Its been rolled up so its currently being flattened under a heavy book. Sorry the photo isn't great.


The poem reads:

Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small
and often leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls,
but everyday I'm growing up and soon I'll be so tall
that all these little fingerprints will be hard to recall,
so at my kindergarten in early December
I printed these hands for you to remember
exactly how my fingers looked when I was very small.

1 comment:

Renee said...

What a gorgeous poem!!

And four days a week....I am super super jealous!!! (I do love her, really ;) )