Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meatballs with Zucchini

We have an over abundance of zucchinis at the moment ....


My usual way of using up zucchinis is to make zucchini slice which is so yummy but its also getting a bit boring, so I've been thinking of other ways to have zucchini. When I make up a recipe I usually just rattle off a list of ingredients that I want in it and Phil puts it together. These meatballs turned out so good, moist and really tasty with hidden veg for any fussy eaters.

Sorry I can't be more specific but just use a standard meatball recipe and adjust as necessary with a few added extras.

INGREDIENTS
1 medium zucchini, grated and juice squeezed out
500g mince
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 egg
a dollop of sour cream
fresh mint, chopped
breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper

I like to pan fry my meatballs first to give them some colour and finish them off in the oven. They were really good the next day too. We had them in wraps with lots of yummy salad (lettuce from the garden).

If anyone has any good zucchini recipes for me to try then I'd love to hear from you!

Find more recipes here.

No comments: