Saturday, February 19, 2011

2nd Hand Book Finds

I LOVE books, specifically fantasy books and I LOVE collecting them ....

Going 2nd hand book shopping wasn't what I'd intended to do today but theres this 2nd hand bookshop that I've been wanting to check out for ages (in fact every weekend when we drive past it) so I thought it was about time to pop in for a looksie.

I was quite impressed as this particular book shop relies solely on donations and I ended up coming away with 6 books for $16 all in relatively good condition.


BUT

My BEST find was this book - The Silent Tower by Barbara Hambly. I haven't read this book before but I have wanted to for so long but it was the only book out of the trilogy that none of the libraries had when I was living back in Porirua. I only hope that now I'm in Christchurch that the libraries here will have the other two!

Note the $3 sticker - what a bargain!
Another book that I was so excited to get my hands on was book four in Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series. I'm actually reading this series at the moment and we have the other three books already, I was so pleased to complete the series.


I very rarely buy brand new books anymore as there are some great bargains to be had if you just take the time to look. I can't wait to get some reading done now!

Edit: Unfortunately the book shop was severely damaged 3 days later in the February quake and has since been demolished.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love second hand shopping, and books are amazingly cheap to buy this way. I rarely buy books brand new too, as I feel once you read it and unless you really treasure it, it is redundant! My OH loves fantasy books too, he has read all of the Tad Williams series and loved them!
B:))