To make a donation:
- Phone 0900 33 200 to make a $20 automatic donation
- FreeTXT 'QUAKE' to 555 to donate $5 or FreeTXT 'QUAKE' to 333 to donate $3 from any Vodafone mobile
- Donate online at http://www.redcross.org.nz/donate
- Donate in person at any NZ Post, Kiwibank, ANZ, National Bank, ASB, TSB and BNZ across New Zealand
- Mail a cheque (made payable to New Zealand Red Cross) to: Canterbury Earthquake Appeal, Freepost 232690, PO Box 12-140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144
If you don't want to/can't afford to make a monetary donation there are other ways that you can contribute (click on the links to find out more):
- Leonie over at Kiwi At Heart is organizing Softies for the children of Christchurch
- Wellington residents are invited to take part in The Great Sunday Bake Off and they are also accepting canned food and toys. The goods will be driven down to Christchurch on the same day that they are received.
- If you are in Auckland Gail over at Delightfully diva-ish! has organised a Walk for Christchurch. If walking isn't your thing or you're not in Auckland you can still help out by being a sponsor and making a donation online at Walk 4 CHCH
- A group of crafty mums have set up a Facebook page and are requesting donations of handmade items that will be auctioned off to raise money for victims of the earthquake.
- Telecom are collecting corded phones for the people of Christchurch. So if you have one that you no longer use or can live without then drop it in to your nearest Telecom store.