Saturday, February 12, 2011

Salad Dressings

As I mentioned in my things I'm loving post, I LOVE salads so I thought I'd share a few of my fave salad dressings.

For me the dressing really makes the salad. One of the easiest ways to dress up a plain green salad is to drizzle it with olive oil, add a splash of vinegar and some salt. This is something that my grandma does and its so easy and my favourite way to have my salad. It may take a couple of times to get it right dependent on your tastes.

HERB DRESSING
- 2tbsp fresh parsley
- 2tsp fresh thyme
- 1tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp sugar
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- black pepper, to taste

- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

I usually throw this dressing over a tuna pasta salad - can tuna, pasta spirals, carrot, capsicum, cucumber - use whatever you like/have on hand.


SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp sour cream

- Whisk together all ingredients.

I like this dressing on a brown rice salad with lots of fresh mint thrown in - brown rice, can chickpeas, capsicum, cucumber, grated carrot but again you can add whatever you like.

YUM!!

No comments: