Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sewing: Box Pouch

I have been looking for easy and relatively quick sewing projects so that I can keep practicing and learning. I've always liked the look of box pouches and pouches are always useful for something right?

I used this tutorial here which is very straight forward and easy to follow especially for someone like me who finds it hard making heads or tails of most tutorials even when they're labeled as 'easy'.



I'm very happy with how it turned out and now Riley wants me to make him one to keep some of his cars in. 

Not sure what I'm going to put in this one yet but I'm thinking of filling it with first aid supplies that might be useful to have on me when we're out and about.

EDIT: It turns out that its the perfect size for a travel makeup case. So I guess I'll just have to make another one for my mini first aid kit.

4 comments:

Pam said...

This looks so professionally made, Fay!!! I've never made one in this shape before... I love it!!!

Fiona said...

Beautiful pouch! I think you can never have too many zipper pouches - they're practical for everyday needs and it's great to have a fe on hand for last minute gifts.

Mare said...

hi fay, just stopping by to say how nice your blog is:))....
beautiful pouch,thanks so much for sharing:)....
hugs:))...
M

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Fay, I've featured your box pouch today...