Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Creative Space: Baby Skirts

A good friend of mine is due with a baby girl in July (she already has 2 boys) and there are just so many cute patterns/tutorials around for girls clothing that I couldn't resist making a couple of little skirts for her. I know its the wrong time of year for skirts but they're easy to layer up or down depending on the weather.


I spent a lot of time looking at lots of different tutorials before deciding how I wanted to make my skirts. These are made out of one long piece of fabric so they only have one seam up the side and they took less than 1/2 an hour to put together. The bit that took the longest was deciding how much elastic to use as I don't have a baby to measure! I ended up using a pair of Riley's newborn pants as a guide.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

12 comments:

Kt said...

Cute idea. Love the prints. Very cheerful!

LionessLady said...

Adorable! Such a good idea - the red one is my favourite!

Katie said...

They are gorgeous!

midge said...

gotta love a layered baby

Maxabella said...

It's always the right time of year for fab skirts like these. Love your fabric choices! x

Seaweed and Raine said...

They are so pretty! I love the fabric that you have chosen. Where did you get the multi-coloured one (at the front)? Girls are much easier to find things for to make - I have 2 boys - more challening.

Jill said...

Great skirts with such pretty fabric! They can always be worn over a pair of cosy leggings in the cooler weather!!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Taylor Made said...

They are gorgeous..skirts look great layered with tights ,pants just about everything.

Amy said...

Love the fabric. I am sure she will love them!

The Beetle Shack said...

these are super cute! can't wait to see what you do next, following now

xo

Pam said...

So cute, Fay and a great present to give!!!

Pam said...

Hi Fay, I've featured your skirts today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/10/threading-your-way-skirts-for-girls.html