Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Creative Space: Reversible Bag

My little project over the last week was making a bag using this tutorial here. I've been wanting to make a bag for ages but up until now I hadn't felt confidant enough in my sewing skills to try.

Anyway, the tutorial was straight forward, easy to follow and my bag turned out pretty good for a first effort.


As usual it was my top stitching that let me down but I don't think the 'imperfections' (for lack of a better word) aren't too noticeable as long as you don't look too closely. It was also my first time sewing darts and I'm happy with how they turned out.


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

6 comments:

tartankiwi said...

Love your bag! Bags are my favourite thing to make at the moment, so rewarding don't you think?!

Sarah said...

Lovely fabric! I've had that pattern saved for ages but havent got around to doing anything with it yet :(

LeelaBijou said...

wonderful bag!

Renee said...

Love the fabric, Fay! Is it thrifted? Your bag looks great.

Jackie @ craftonmymind said...

Your bag looks great (and like everyone but you I can't notice any 'imperfections')!

Pam said...

Your bag looks great, Fay and like everyone else, I can't see any imperfections. I like the shape of the bag. It looks like it would be comfortable to wear. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.