Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Creative Space: Car Play Mat

I picked up a gorgeous fabric panel from Sew Pretty the other week and I thought it would be perfect to turn into a car mat for Riley (hes mad about cars).


It was my first time sewing with such large pieces of fabric and I'm not sure that I'd do it again given the chance. I backed my panel with a plain navy cotton as its going to spend a lot of time on the floor and I wanted a colour that wouldn't show up too much dirt.


It has a couple of imperfections but Riley loves it and .... its cooler than PlayStation! Well he didn't say that in so many words, but it was the first thing that he wanted to play with when we got home from Kindy the other day, which says A LOT.


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

8 comments:

nicole said...

Yahoo for creative playing! It really does look great!!

Jill said...

That is some fabulous fabric ! Great choice of colour for the backing too - very sensible!!

Looks like it's a big hit already!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Mel Dehar said...

Yay that looks great Fay!

Katie said...

Wow - that's fab! Well done :-)

Angela Noelle of SK said...

Amazing. It's a shame it was such hard work, because I'd happily pay you for making a second! :)

Adulcia said...

That looks awesome. Great find, and well done.

Silver Threads of Happiness said...

It does look fantastic and a definite vote of approval by your son by the sounds of it! Good on you for going to the effort of backing and binding it so that it lasts

Pam said...

That wonderful fabric was a terrific find!!! It's perfect for a car play mat. Good on you for making something to outdo the Playstation!!!