Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Creative Space: Reusable Snack Bag

I've seen heaps of reusable snack bags floating around the internet. The idea is using them to replace your standard snap lock bags but I wasn't keen on that unless the bag had some sort of plastic liner so its easy to clean (I just used cotton).


I am one of those people who every time we go out I throw a couple of snacks for Riley into my handbag. If he doesn't eat them they get forgotten about and the next time we go out I throw in some more. You get the picture, after a while I have heaps of food floating around in the bottom of my bag. So for me a snack bag was the perfect idea to keep all his snacks together and it makes them easier to find (my bag can be a bottomless pit sometimes). Before I go out I can check it and add to it if I need to. It was really quick to sew (using this tutorial here) and has a velcro closure so its easy for Riley to help himself.


If I was to make another one, the only thing I would do differently would be to box the corners and make it a bit bigger.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely little snack bag! I use rip-stop nylon to line my fabric sandwich wraps- as it's waterproof and wipeable!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

I so need some of these for my little girl! Love the fabric you used :)

Michelle @ RockMYRoll said...

Yes i NEED to make these for my family...my normal lunch bag is getting a bit "manky"
Mxo

Catherine said...

I think these are such a great idea, your's looks great. Thank you for the link. :)

Kate said...

Such a good idea :-)

Adriana said...

I've seen these to and they're such a good idea.
I really need to make a couple for my little man.
You've inspired me to move it up on the 'to-do' list.
I love the fabric you've used!
Looks great!

Naturally Carol said...

Good idea, Fay! I love the idea of that top so he can access the food himself.

Taylor Made said...

This is a great idea....nothing worse than snacks rolling around at the bottom of the handbag.

Gaby said...

THis is so clever! I should really do this, i hate using plastic bags all the time. x

Adulcia said...

I wish I could sew so I can make one of these! This looks like a great idea.