Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Creative Space: Tote Bag and Matching Purse

I have finally finished Riley's tote bag ....


I had a few issues constructing it and it also turned out smaller than I was planning but it will still be useful and everything is interfaced so its nice and sturdy.

It was also my first time putting in an internal zip pocket and overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. I just need to practice a bit more.


On to the purse ....
I found this tutorial over at Noodlehead which was way cooler than what I had originally planned. The purse was easy to make and so cute. Next time I think I would make it a bit bigger and construct the tab differently (as you can see in my picture its a bit wonky).


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

7 comments:

Ady said...

I'm a sucker for owl fabrics. I've not seen this one before. It's lovely! Great bag and matching purse.

Deb said...

I have that purse on my 'to do' list. Glad to hear its easy. :)

tartankiwi said...

Woo hoo! Your sewing is getting better all the time. Love the bag and the purse is so cute!

Jill said...

Gorgeous fabric! You did a fabulous job with the bag and purse!!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rie said...

It looks great & I'm sure it will get used until it becomes threadbare!

Tweed Delights said...

I love the colours and fabrics - it looks so professionally made too! Very inspiring :)
P.S. Your 'snowy' pics below are just gorgeous!
Alison :)

Time Flies said...

so cute:)