Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Creative Space: Boy Bag

Riley was quite taken with my buttercup bag that I blogged about here. When I first showed it too him he promptly took off with it and started filling it with cars!

Now I have nothing against boys playing with handbags but I decided to make him his very own boy bag (so I could have mine back).


It was super simple to make and I love how it turned out. Riley was fascinated by the magnetic snap on my bag so I added one of those, as well as a couple of  'car' size pockets (that boy loves his cars).


And here he is modelling it for me (this is BIG as these days he never stands still long enough for me to take photos of him). I think the strap could have done with being a bit shorter but overall it looks good and it was quick to make too which is always a bonus.


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

9 comments:

Angel.Pearls said...

Yes, it's really nice and perfect for a little boy!
Eva

LeelaBijou said...

Very beautiful!

sascedar said...

awesome! love the little pockets for treasures!

Rie said...

That bag looks great & so does the model!!! It's just as well he's not into carry tonka trucks - imagine the size of the bag!!

Katie said...

Lovely boy style bag and lovely fabric!

Fiona said...

Glad you got your bag back!! Riley looks very pleased indeed with his car bag ... and very stylish too.

Time Flies said...

thats cute, love your boy bag Riley, glad you got your bag back Fay

Pam said...

A cute and practical bag for a little boy. Love the fabric and the pockets.

ck said...

Hello! I'm stopping by from the Scrappy Swap, and just wanted to say how much I love this idea!!!! I have a 3 year old boy who likes to carry my purses around - he would absolutely LOVE a bag of his own with pockets for his cars! This is definitely being bumped to the top of my "to sew" list! :-)
Chrissa