Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Creative Space: Dress To Skirt

(Unfortunately I was too impatient to get stuck into this project that I forgot to take a before picture of the dress).

So, let me paint you a picture ....
Knee length, white, halter neck dress, with floral embroidery that I bought um maybe 6 years ago now? I have no idea why I bought it as I've never been a dress person and I can't actually remember ever wearing it.
Up until earlier this year it was hanging forgotten in the back of my wardrobe when I decided to have a clean out and it was relegated to the clothing bag in the garage where it has been waiting to be taken to a clothing bin.

Well, we have been having some gorgeous warm weather lately which always gets me thinking about summer clothing and I got thinking about this dress and that it would be so easy to turn it into a skirt (I much prefer skirts).


It has a simple elasticated waistband and is super comfy. I'm not sure that I like it any better as a skirt (it wrinkles easily, I'm not really a floral person and who wears white when they have grubby kids anyway?) but I'm sure it will get some wear (even if its just around the house).


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

6 comments:

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Lovely! Glad to hear it's warming up in your neck of the woods :)

Jem said...

Ohh - see I really like that. I can just imagine it with a black vest top and some biker boots! Lol.

Jem xXx

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

It looks fantastic!

Time Flies said...

it looks good:)

Teek said...

Great skirt

Seaweed and Raine said...

Cute skirt! Throw it over your swimmers with a singlet and thongs and you are set for day at the beach. :)