Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Creative Space: Fabric Coaster

There's not a lot going on in my sewing room at the moment. This is mostly due to school holidays and not having the time but also I'm having difficulty deciding on what to sew next. Any ideas? I like sewing things that aren't too complicated or take too long to complete (I have no patience).

Riley has recently started using a bedside table and he always has a drink at night time so for a really quick sewing project I whipped up a little fabric coaster for him.


I was really pleased with how it turned out. The photos don't really do it justice. I think I might make one for Phil to use at work and they're a great way of using up scraps. They would make a sweet Christmas gift too.


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

12 comments:

Maxabella said...

Such cute fabric too!

I loved the little 'tie t-shirt' you made last week too. You have very clever ideas indeed! Plus, I just love your blog header to bits - it's awesome!! x

Jill said...

Gorgeous fabric - and yes a lovely way to use up scraps! It's always nice to make something people can use too!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Lotti said...

Love the cute little owls. What a really clever idea.

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Really cute, I love it!

Seaweed and Raine said...

So cute! I think I might have to get some cute fabric and make some up for all my little nieces and nephews! :)

makeitgiveit said...

Very cool Christmas gift idea - I'm a 'I have to be able to do it quickly', crafter too!

Rie said...

A great idea & I love how the owl is pointing to the centre to show where to pop the drink!

Mika said...

What a great project! The fabric is great, and I love the cross in the middle to.

By the way, your banner is fantastic!!

Katie said...

This is cute! And I agree it would make a cute christmas gift, thanks for the idea :)

Fiona said...

Great Christmas gift idea! And that fabric is too cute!

another donkey design by kate said...

Great idea and something the kids could probably help with too!

Tammi said...

Ooh I love your coaster and you are right..they would make perfect gifts :)