Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Recipe: Chocolate Cupcakes/Muffins

Riley wanted green icing ....
I have been meaning to share this recipe for ages! It makes the most deliciously moist chocolate cupcakes/muffins, only uses one bowl and they are ridiculously quick and easy to make.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1tsp salt
1 cup castor sugar

1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1tbsp white vinegar
1tsp vanilla

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

METHOD
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Stir in the castor sugar.

Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.

Spoon batter into cupcake papers or muffin tins and bake at 180 degrees for 10-25 minutes.

Find more recipes here.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Yum, Fay! I think I might be trying these for Charlotte's party next week.

Penny said...

wow, yesterday I was hunting through my cookbooks to find an easy choc muffin recipe for school lunches, and then this morning I was looking for an easy bran muffin one, I gave up and hopped on KMB while I was having my coffee and what do you know? I found both! Thanks I have written them down and will make them today :)