Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Creative Space: Christmas Stocking

Still carrying on my Christmas crafting and I have now finished Riley's stocking ....


I used the pattern from here as I really liked the shape of it and this tutorial here to put it together.

I still have terrible trouble with bias binding and the stocking didn't really need it but I think it looks better with a bit of plain colour at the top (it's the same colour as the lining). Riley is super excited about leaving it out for Santa on Christmas eve.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

7 comments:

Jill said...

What pretty fabric! Great stocking! I'm getting excited about Christmas now!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

makeitgiveit said...

I love the fabric you chose. Bias binding is not the easiest to work with for me either. Love that Riley is starting to write - clever little guy. My no.1 is pretty dextrious with both hands too but I noticed when he started writing he kept swapping back to the left after 1 or 2 letters on the right so I think they just naturally work it out for themselves in the end.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

It is gorgeous! Even better your son loves it too :)

Seaweed and Raine said...

Looks FAB! :) Love the faric. Did you get it anywhere spesh?

Notchka said...

..what Miriam said - fabric is fab!

Pam said...

Love the fabric you've chosen and the stocking looks great.

Sally said...

Great Christmas stocking! Fantastic.