Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Creative Space: Advent Calendar

I have been wanting to make an advent calendar for ages! There is so much inspiration to be found on the internet that I spent way too much time trying to figure out how I wanted to make it that I almost left it too late. I don't like rushing things but I'm still pleased with how it turned out (the photos don't really do it justice).


I used the left over fabric that I had from making Riley's stocking and spent quite a few nights in front of the TV perfecting my chain stitch ....


I've loaded up the pockets with little chocolates and hung it well out of reach of grasping little fingers.
(I have made the pockets big enough so that in future years I can fill them with other things - notes, stickers, small ornaments etc).

Let the countdown begin!

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

11 comments:

Christie said...

Love it! Looks like you really did perfect that chain stitch!

Suz said...

Very sweet - chain stitch lettering is very neat!

Vic said...

Nice work! Like Suz I have to admire your stitching - super neat!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Looks fabulous! I have been meaning to make one too, for 5 years. Maybe next year......

Leonie said...

Nicely done! know what you mean with all the inspiration that it all becomes too hard to make a decision on what to do!

Yana said...

great job! bright and cheery :)

Hannah said...

It looks lovely! the greens together are great!

tartankiwi said...

I REALLY wanted to make an advent calendar this year, but just couldn't find the time... gutted! But never fear, I have a cunning plan- Guess what I'm going to make in January! (Fingers crossed Christmas fabrics will be on sale). That way I'll definitely get it finished in time for Christmas next year- YAY!

lamina@do a bit said...

Very cool... and it's great that it is reusable too :)

Time Flies said...

thats very cool, i wanted to make one this year but with moving it will have to wait till next year.

Taylor Made said...

That looks great ...I am impressed with your hand stitching...
You are right there are so many ideas around for advent calenders..you chose well.