Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recipe: Strawberry Jam


We have an overabundance of strawberries at the moment. In fact we have so many that I decided to make some strawberry jam.

INGREDIENTS
1kg strawberries, washed and hulled
6 cups sugar
1 1/2tsp tartaric acid

METHOD
Lightly crush strawberries in a large pan. Add sugar and mix well.

Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.

Add the tartaric acid and boil rapidly for another 5 minutes.

Pour into sterilized jars and store.


It seemed a little too easy so I wasn't sure how the jam was going to turn out but I needn't have worried because it is perfect and so delicious! It gets Riley's seal of approval too and now he wants jam on everything.


Find more recipes here.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Now I want pikelets and jam! Yum, they look so good.

Hannah Dolan said...

Yum! I love strawberry jam! Thank you for the recipe!