Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Travel Chair

We looked into getting a travel chair when Riley was little but it wasn't one of those things that we really needed. If only I'd known then how easy it would be to make my own! (Thanks to this tutorial here).

It's comfy, it's cute and it's functional. Plus it was quick and easy to make which is always a bonus.


Unfortunately I can't show it in action as my boy is far too big and none of his soft toys are quite big enough but you get the general idea of how it works ....


I used quilted fabric for the outer and cotton for the inner.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces and Thriving on Thursdays.

6 comments:

Katie said...

What an awesome make! They are quite expensive to buy in the shops...maybe you should try selling some :-)

Ady said...

That's really clever, Fay! I second Katie's suggestion - you should make more and sell them. This sort of thing is expensive here in the UK too.

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Fay, how clever! I wished I would've seen this when my youngest was at that age. Easy to clean as well. I'm an Australian blogger who has a linky party every week called "Thriving on Thursdays". I feature recipes, crafts, decluttering and organising projects, vintage finds and anything else goes. I would love it if you would like to link up with me this week with this project.

http://www.domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/01/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-4.html

Anne @ Domesblissity

rebekah @ justfordaisy said...

Oh wow! I love this! And it would pack down into a handbag/baby bag! :) Love it! Found you via Domesblissity and am loving looking around your lovely blog. Please come visit Just For Daisy and say hi when you have a quiet moment.

Pam said...

I agree with Rebekah... it's very portable. Such a practical idea. Thanks for linking up, Fay.

Pam said...

Hi Fay, I featured your travel chair today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-features_31.html