Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

Please tell me I'm not the only one who'd never heard of baked oatmeal before?! Because it is so good! It's like having dessert for breakfast except healthier and so versatile. You can eat it hot or cold and with or without milk or yoghurt depending on your preference. I personally like it warm with a good dollop of vanilla yoghurt, yum!


Go here for the recipe.

I made a few additions to the original recipe using ingredients that I had on hand. For the fruit I used a can of peaches, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and 3-4 sliced apricots (I really liked the apricots in it). You basically just need enough fruit to cover the base of your baking dish. I also added half a cup of sliced almonds to my dry ingredients and I only had small eggs so I used 2.


It'll keep for a while in the fridge so it's just a matter of reheating (if you like it warm). Quick and easy.

1 comment:

Lotti said...

Well I've never heard of it before, but it looks yummo. Wouldn't mind trying that.