Sunday, January 8, 2012

Piquing My Pinterest

Pinterest is such a brilliant time waster (which is not always a good thing) but it's also a great source of inspiration when you have a specific project in mind. My pinning generally falls into 3 main categories - craft and sewing, things for kids and food.

Here are some of the thing's that I'm loving on Pinterest at the moment (click on the image to go to the original pin) ....


I love this idea and now that Christmas is over and we can get back into our normal routine I'm thinking of implementing some sort of chore system for Riley. Obviously with him being only 4 we'll be sticking to really simple things with the aim being to teach him about responsibility, get him helping around the house more and help him to develop some independence.


This idea for planting seeds is simply ingenious and such a great way to recycle toilet paper rolls. The best bit is you plant them out toilet roll and all.


I love the idea of a memory jar. Such a great way to record all the little (or big) memories of the year. 2012 is going to be a year of change for us what with moving to Wellington, Riley starting a new Kindy and then School at the end of October. This will be a great way to record all of those moments.

Joining in with Piquing My Pinterest.

10 comments:

Ames said...

Oh I haven't seen these pins before! I love them :)

Amy said...

What a great idea for using the toilet rolls for seedlings! I may just have to use that idea!

Bridge said...

Oooh, I love that seedling/toilet roll tube idea too. So clever. I'll have to repin that one! ;)

Tina Gray said...

Growing seedlings in toilet paper rolls is a brilliant idea! I actually started a "toilet paper roll" board on Pinterest because I kept coming across people's creative ideas to use them! Thanks for linking up x

Caroline B said...

how cool is that idea with the toilet rolls.

Pam said...

Great idea to use toilet rolls for seedlings!!! I put mine in the compost bin...

Broot said...

Love the seedling idea!!

lookfindinspire said...

I agree that Pinterest is a brilliant time waster. I am in two minds as to whether this is a good thing or not still?? :s he he I do love it though :)
This is Piquing my Pinterest

Little Gumnut said...

oooh I like those ideas especially the plants in toilet rolls... but what's with the nail files in the jar - do they have something printed on the other side of them?

Lotti said...

3 great ideas and I especially love the planting of seeds in used toilet rolls and you can put them straight into the ground, what a great idea. Also love the memory jar ... what a wonderful idea.