Sunday, January 15, 2012

Piquing My Pinterest

I am in full decluttering/organizing mode at the moment! I guess moving in 3 weeks will do that to you. So this week I thought I'd share some fabulous ideas for organizing around the home (click on the image to go to the original pin) ....


It's been a while since I've done any menu planning but I really should get back into it. It would definitely make dinnertime a lot less stressful if I knew exactly what we were going to eat each night. This really is the ultimate menu board. She even includes all the recipe ingredients on the backs of the cards which would make writing my shopping list easier too.


I really have to get a peg board! It would be so useful for organizing my sewing room and freeing up some space on my desk. Plus it's a great way to display things so that I can see exactly what I have and it's all kept within easy reach.


Another way to use toilet paper rolls. I have done this already and it makes such a difference to my TV cabinet - it's no longer overflowing with various USB cords!


We love books in our house and a love of reading is something I hope to instill in Riley. These shelves not only look cool but they don't take up any floor space. These are definitely on my wish list for when we own our own home.

Joining in with Piquing My Pinterest.

9 comments:

Tina Gray said...

Great pins. I like the peg board. I want to get back into scrapbooking this year and because I don't have a lot of room, I'll need to store the "stuff" creatively! Thanks for linking up this week x

Deb_in_oz said...

i have quite a few menu boards pinned but love the one you found

deb @ home life simplified

Blythe said...

Oh I love the toilet roll idea! I have several USB cables strewn over the desk and they drive me crazy. I'll have to think about how I can do this! And that crafting space is dreamy. Love it!

A Dose of Dannie said...

great menu and pg board awesome pins :-)

Lotti said...

These are just the best organising ideas .... awesome. I love the menu board ... that is so good and that could really really help me heaps with my deciding what to cook for dinner every night problem. Thank you for sharing .... love it.

Katie said...

Love all these ideas Fay - especially the menu planner and toilet rolls. Good luck with the move :-)

javajane2011 said...

Love the second picture!!! I want to build one of those!! Great pics

Sonia @ Life Love and Hiccups said...

There are some great ideas here - i am suddenly feeling inspired :)

Andie said...

I really like the book shelf idea, something I might have to steal when I have my own house as well!