Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Creative Space: I Spy Bag

A friend of mine gave me the awesome idea of making Riley an I Spy Bag. It's a great portable toy, perfect for taking in the car or in our case on a plane.


It was really quick and easy to put together. I used rice for the filling and top stitched around the outside edge of the bag which wasn't really necessary but finishes it off nicely.

There are some useful tips for sewing with vinyl here.


This is the photo that goes with it. Some of the items I already had around the house and other's I found at dollar stores which are a great place for picking up small items on the cheap and perfect for this project.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces and Thriving on Thursdays.

12 comments:

Jill said...

I only learnt about these I spy bags when my kids were older! I LOVE the idea of them and I can see why kids love them! Great job on yours Fay!


Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

lamina@do a bit said...

That is a great idea... beautifully made :)

Sally said...

This is a brilliant idea. Absolutely 100% brilliant. Bravo!

Mel @ Wildflower said...

Oh that is beyond cool. Love the fabric you have used too :)

Amy said...

These are a great idea, anything that keeps a child busy and occupied is a winner in my book! You've done a great job!

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Hi Fay. These are so cute. I wish I would've known about it when my children were little. If you get a moment, would you like to link this project up at Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity?

http://domesblissity.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-7.html

Anne @ Domesblissity

Debra said...

how fab...i want to make one for my little grandchildren for the car trips...we live in the mountains and these would be a lot of fun to while away the time spent in the seat...do you feel like doing a tutorial

Christie said...

What a great idea, I've never heard of these before. Luckily I still have one young enough to appreciate it. Yours is gorgeous!

Suz said...

Very crafty and sweet idea!!

TheAccidentalCrafter said...

I also just made an I Spy Bag with rice, I love the items you've got in yours. How big did you make yours?

Time Flies said...

Awesome to see you made one too :)

makeitgiveit said...

Looks great. I did one of these last year and they are well loved, although I over-filled mine with rice which made it a bit difficult to work with