Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sewing for Moving Day

I had a couple of projects that I wanted to finish especially for moving day. One of them was making some more of these for Riley to pack some of his favourite toys in for taking to my mum's house.


I made these two slightly differently to my original one. In the one with the car fabric I used medium weight interfacing and in the other some fusible fleece. I used ribbon instead of making fabric ties which was a fantastic time saver. They both turned out great though I think I prefer the extra structure that the fusible fleece gives.

I also whipped up this cute little pouch for myself.


It's been a while since I've worked with zips but I put this together in about 10 minutes. It really was quick and easy and now I have something super cute to put some of my little bits and pieces in. You know those things that don't really have a proper home but you don't want them to get lost in the move (or is that just me?)

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

15 comments:

makeitgiveit said...

Cool bags. I really need to make some toy bags for my boys I've been thinking about it - now to make it happen! Love the fabric too

Kerry said...

I've moved a lot, but that is the most stylish way to do it I've ever seen! Everything looks fabulous.

Jill said...

Beautiful little bags Fay - you've got some gorgeous materials!


Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Gorgeous bags, lovely fabric! I agree about the zip pouch, I make them for the same reason - to give something a home!

Gaby said...

Love the bags! I totally avoid zippers, i'm just a big scaredy cat :)

Notchka said...

I do love that red and blue fabric. Best of luck with your move, I hope it all goes according to plan - you do seem to have it very well thought out!

Suz said...

Great bags - I need to make a couple of these too - for our train set and for nappies!

Maxabella said...

Fay, I don't think we can ever have enough drawstring bags and pouches to contain our families!! These are fab. x

Time Flies said...

love the bags fay, your little purse looks funky too

greta @ ontopofalilypad said...

Those bags are so cool, my kids are obsessed with packing bags

Pam said...

The drawstring bags are fabulous, Fay!!! I've used the great car fabric.. love it. Cute little zippered pouch. I don't think you can have too many. I have a couple in my handbag so I don't have to search for small items...

Wombat's Picnic said...

Fun bags! And I have to agree, one can never have too many bags/pouches to keep you organized:) Cyndy

Bron said...

All the best with the move..those little goodies will make it all the more better I am sure.x

Mami Made It said...

The bags are so cool and lovely! They look perfect for little boys!

B I R C H s e e d said...

just spotted your bags after coming back to our creative spaces from a few months away. funny, i have uploaded a bag today. love your design and fabrics!