Monday, April 23, 2012

The Current Craze At Our House

At the moment Riley talks, watches, reads and plays Pokemon ....

Anyone remember it (or even know what I'm talking about)?? 
It first came out in 1996 and even though we don't see/hear much about it in NZ anymore it's still going strong in other parts of the world.

Anyway Riley loves it, so I decided to have a go at making a Pokeball toy for him (for those not familiar with the series, these are used to catch Pokemon).


It turned out pretty good! While I was making it I wasn't sure if it was even going to be round but the black band around the middle seems to help it hold it's shape. But I guess the most important thing is that Riley loves it! He has been playing with it non-stop since I finished it, throwing it around the room and using it in his imaginary Pokemon games. It's a winner that's for sure!

Linking up here and here.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Cute little Pokeball toy! My girls went through a spell last year of collecting Pokemon cards - but it didn't last - I think it's more a boy thing!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/