Thursday, June 28, 2012

Learning to Crochet ....

My latest crafty addiction ..... crochet!
I first picked up a crochet hook last year but no matter how much I tried I just couldn't get it. I don't know what prompted me to give it another go and I don't know what's changed but all of a sudden it's all beginning to make sense.

Last time I started with granny squares so this time I took a different approach and jumped right in crocheting little flowers. If anyone's interested I used this tutorial hereIt still took a lot of practice but I got there in the end and I've even managed to successfully crochet a hat! It was supposed to be for Riley but it turned out waaayy too small so I added a cute flower to it just because I could.


Find more Creative Spaces here.

10 comments:

Sophie Slim said...

WAHOO!! Go you!!

Excelent job! :)

Jill said...

Cute hat Fay! Well done for conquering crochet! It's on my list of things to try, but I just haven't ventured there yet! One day...

Hope

Jill said...

oops - sorry Fay - accidently pressed the wrong key! Was just about to say, hope you're having a lovely week!!!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Yay, go you! Crochet appears to be my kryptonite, I just dont get it either - maybe there is hope for me?!

yardage girl said...

Good for you ~ the flower is cute!

Pam said...

Cute little hat, Fay. I've only ever done granny squares.

Katie said...

Looks cute! Well done :-)

Rie said...

Yay for you! I'm been crocheting for years & crocheted bubs a hat last month.... and made it too small!

angeliki said...

That's very beautiful! I'm also new to crochet and really like it!
Angeliki

peli said...

it looks great!!! just keep on practicing!!!