Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cake and Presents!

It was my sister's birthday a couple of weeks ago and to celebrate we had dinner at my mum's house.

Phil made the cake ....


And here is what I made for my sister ....


A fabric book bag and a matching zip pouch. I put a notebook inside the book bag (luckily I found one that was the perfect fit) and it has a ribbon bookmark sewn into it which I added a little charm to. The pattern is from issue nine of Mollie Makes.

I used these instructions here for making the pouch. 


Add a block of chocolate and it's perfect!


Find more Creative Spaces here.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Such pretty fabric you used for those gifts Fay! Love the bow on the front of that pouch! I'm off to check out the tutorial for it now!

Pam said...

The bow really jazzes up the zippered pouch, Fay... love it!!

Claire said...

Hey Fay, great pressie......the bow looks fab on the zip pouch and the block of chokky.....nice accessory, hehe..

Awesome cake too...

Claire :}

Ginx Craft said...

Very useful present. Everyone needs somewhere to hide their chocolate. Your cake made me hungry just looking at it!

Leonie said...

I love the pressies and the cake!!! Fun!

Bron said...

Oh yum so much chocolate goodness. great gift ideas too. x