Thursday, August 9, 2012

Double Loop Crochet Infinity Scarf/Cowl Pattern


We're still getting the occasional cold and frosty morning and my current scarf just isn't cutting it. I've always loved the look of infinity scarfs/cowls so I couldn't wait to whip out my crochet hook and have a go at making one. I'm still fairly new to crocheting so I wanted to keep it simple.

This pattern would be great for beginners. I crochet quite tightly but if you crochet loosely start by chaining 100 and then add more from there if needed, to get the length you want (wrap it around your neck twice to check). Yarn and hook choice will also affect how many chains you'll need (I used a nice chunky yarn and hook size to match).

Here is how I made it:

Yarn: 2 100g balls of Moda Vera Shiver
Hook: 10mm
The first ch 2 of each round counts as first dc.

Row 1: Ch 150, join with slip stitch. Try not to twist your chain.
Row 2: Ch 2, dc in each chain around (150). Slip stitch to join.
Row 3-8: Repeat row 2. Fasten off and weave in ends.

I love it! It's really snuggly and warm and I can't wait to wear it on our next frosty morning walk to Kindy.


If you make a Double Loop Crochet Infinity Scarf/Cowl using this pattern, I'd love for you to share some photos in the Monkey Makes Three Flickr group or leave me a link in the comments.

14 comments:

emerson-j said...

it looks fab and i love the color!

Suz said...

Well done! I am learning to crochet too - can't be too cold over there if you are wearing a singlet...brrrr.

Renee said...

I love!! Think I might have to give that one a whirl myself :) Thanks for the pattern.

Pam said...

Looks fabulous, Fay!!!

Claire said...

Looks perfect for cold mornings Fay.....love the colour.

CLaire :}

Amy @ onacraftyadventure said...

oh nice I will have to make this for myself, looks snuggly!

Little Gumnut said...

oooh nice! I've been eyeing up cowl scarves for a wee bit!

LionessLady said...

Simple... and gorgeous!

Jill said...

Beautiful cowl Fay! Certainly should keep you cosy!

Katie said...

It looks lovely and cosy :-)

Lea said...

just lovely. Gorgeous colour and looks so warm. Must add learn to crochet to my list of things to do.

Miriam said...

It looks great. I love the colour and it looks SO snuggly

Pam said...

Hi Fay, I've featured your infinity scarf today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/09/threading-your-way-features.html

Kelly Kane said...

Fay, this is beautiful! Can you tell me what the final measurements are? Width and circumference? Also, can you wrap it twice around your neck and the pullup some of the extra to have a "hood" on your head? Or would your pattern need to be modified to make the circumference and/or width greater?