Sunday, October 28, 2012

Crochet: Adjustable Ring

Since learning to crochet I have struggled with the adjustable ring technique. The adjustable ring is often used in amigurumi projects so you don't have an ugly hole in the centre of your starting round.


I looked at heaps and heaps of tutorials but I just could not get it! Finally I came across a description that I understood and that worked for me so I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else is struggling with making an adjustable ring. I hope it makes sense ....

Wrap yarn around your finger.

Insert hook into the wrap and draw up a loop of working yarn.

Chain one to secure loop and remove ring from finger.

Follow pattern and work stitches of first round in the ring.

Pull gently, but firmly on tail to tighten ring.

No comments: