Wednesday, October 10, 2012

KCWC Day 3: T-Shirt Refashion

Today I tried something a little different ....


Pattern: Made my own based on one of Riley's tops.

Fabric: I sized down an old short sleeved tee that was too big for Riley and the fabric for the sleeves came from an old top of Phil's.

Sewing: It was the first time that I'd tried anything like this and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I used one of Riley's long sleeved tops as a pattern and added contrasting sleeves keeping the existing neckline and hem at the bottom for a quick and easy transformation. 

I followed this tutorial here for downsizing my tee and reconstructing it.

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You are on a roll making your own patterns, Fay! The black and grey looks great together.