This is not an original idea and there are heaps of different tutorials around but I thought I would share how I made mine. They were really easy to make and I love how they turned out.
- A washer from the hardware store (choose the size you like best)
- Nail polish in whatever colour you want your washer to be
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- 1 meter of cord
- Beads (optional), keep in mind that the hole in the center of the bead needs to be big enough to pass through two strands of cord.
1. Cover the front of the washer in nail polish, allow to dry. Apply as many coats as you need to get nice, even coverage.
2. Once your washer is completely dry, use a cotton bud and some nail polish remover to carefully clean off any excess nail polish that may have gotten on the back of your washer.
3. Apply a layer of dimensional magic following the instructions on the packaging. If there are any bubbles, just scrape them off with your finger nail.
4. Fold your cord in half and push the loop through the center of your washer from back to front. Thread the ends of the cord through the loop and pull tight.
5. Now if you want to, you can add a bead like I have done, by simply threading it onto both strands of cord.
6. I used this tutorial here to make a couple of sliding knots.
That's it! Super simple and super cute. The dimensional magic was so easy to apply and the finished product looks great.
Find more Creative Spaces here.