Thursday, January 24, 2013

Framed Children's Art

I was looking through Riley's school books from last term and I came across a super cute picture that he'd drawn with a little story written underneath it ....


4/12
I was singing at the concert.

When I asked him about it he said that it was a picture of me and him at the Christmas concert that the school put on last year.

Anyway I loved the picture so much that I just had to do something with it. So I simply traced it onto some fabric and framed it with an embroidery hoop. I used a permanent marker with a fine nib and did a patch test on some scrap fabric first. It was quick and easy and I really like how it turned out.

Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

10 comments:

Jill said...

What a neat way to keep a really cute picture!

Suz said...

That is so cute!!

Ninotchka McKay said...

Fantastic - I too am thinking about how to use my child's art and have it out on display.

Karyn said...

Kids' art is always the best!

Leonie said...

So cute!!! what a brilliant idea

Tartankiwi said...

Well done Riley (and Mum!)
I've been meaning to do this for a while- you might just have given me the kick that I need!

Little Artist said...

I love this idea! I've just started an online shop selling framed printed collages and tea towels from children's art - please drop by and have a look - littleartist.co.nz.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Oh so very very cute!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Fabulous way to display kids' art work!!!

Leonie said...

Love it, and no doubt he is super proud of having it on display!